Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting- Cupcake Wine Angel Food Cake



Name: Cupcake Wine Angel Food Cake
Variety: Blended, mainly Chardonnay 
Price: $13
Region: California 
                                         Country: USA
                                         Year: 2012

Description: "I was honestly a little disappointed with this wine. The label describes it as having a toasty, creamy finish, but I found it to be heavy on the tongue without much complexity. I felt like the variance in taste was lost in the sweetness of the wine - a drier version might have conveyed a more complete flavor profile. While it is a smooth white suitable for everyday drinking, I wasn't convinced it was much better than wines half the price. I suspected a Chardonnay blend labeled "Angel Food" would be nontraditional; I guess I just hoped for something more buttery." -http://www.thealcohobbyist.com

This chardonnay blend met the nose with a fresh, crisp apple and citrus smell. It has a warm, toasty finish with a soft fruit flavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment